Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rebuilding

I'm finally starting the next phase of The Pink Lemon Tree.  I'm going to be doing a series of posts which involve online selling. In my case, I've decided to scrap my old store, and start rebuilding from the ground up.  I have a lot of dead inventory, and Ebay is starting a new fee policy, so I figured this would be the right time to do it.

Here are the first steps that I'm going to be taking,

First, I'm going to be using a different ID for selling, so I need to set that up.  I have another Ebay account which I've used mostly for bidding on items that were meant for inventory.  I'm going to be using that one, but changing the name on it.

Second, I need to go through Ebay's new fee charts to see if it is worthwhile to pay the store fee now that they are changing their structure.  I'll be doing a post on my findings for this tomorrow.

Third, I opened a Photobucket account that is specifically for Ebay listing pictures.  I am no longer going to be tied to Seller Sourcebook.  It is a great resource for quick listing if you don't want to take the extra steps and don't mind paying their subscription fee.  I am in the process of creating my own template which will be used for all of my listings.  I'm going to be doing a post on how to do this in the next couple of days.  It's a lot easier than it looks.

Coming Soon!  The Pink Lemon Tree Ebay Store

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

I look forward to seeing your tips. I am always on the lookout for new info on selling on ebay!

Julie said...

Hey there, I grabbed your Button. Now your on my Blog side bar. :0)