Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting Started

There's no looking back now!  The blog is designed, and I'm ready to get rolling with this.  The first item on my to do list is to organize my coupons.  Now, couponing can be a seriously AWESOME thing, but it will never work if you can't even keep your stuff organized which is ALWAYS the part that I'm lacking in. Luckily, I came across this blog post by my good friend Frugal Burb Chick: My Coupon Binder . 

I'm doing this tomorrow. In order to convince myself that it needs to happen, here is a picture of what my "coupon cabinet" looks like right now.


You see, I actually do have a binder in there, but it's just holding coupons which were just thrown in there and are probably all expired by now.  This cabinet is enough to make my poor husband run into the neighborhood shrieking.

OK, maybe it's not that bad, but you get the idea. Here are my supplies.  I actually thieved the card sleeves from my old Football card collection.  That's right, there's nothing protecting that Jim McMahon rookie card now.




Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Go Heather!! I love the new blog, the design is FABULOUS!!!

Sidewinder Media said...

I don't know if you have been to pinchingyourpennies.com or not but it is the coupon site my sisters use and love it. It tells your which stores have the deals and provides links for online coupons and what coupons you need to use at which store. It also rates the deals at each store.