Friday, January 29, 2010

My Shopping Trip

Earlier in the week I took my coupon binder out for a test run.  Right now, our Smiths (Kroger) is having an awesome sale.  Here's what I got...
All of that for $27!!
Here's how it worked out...
The Quaker Quakes were on sale for $.49 each. I bought 10 of them. There are 75 cent off coupons out there, which would make these money makers, but I only had one.  I still bought a bunch because that's a pretty good price for a tasty snack.
3 Packs of Finish Dishwasher Power Balls.  These were on sale for $2.99, but I had 3 $2.50 coupons.  See how this works when you match up coupons with sales?
1 Purex 3-1.  This was an impulse buy because it was on clearance for $3.50 and I had a $1 off coupon.
10 packs of Kraft cheese.  These were on sale for $1.50, but there are printable Kraft coupons for $1 off of 2.  You can find it here: Coupons
I also got 3 boxes of Nabisco crackers, 3 packs of Toaster Strudels, and a can of Rotel for dirt cheap with coupons.

After that, I was off to Target.  My poor husband had an ear infection earlier in the week which required a few prescriptions.  Those paired up with a prescription Carter needed got us $40 in gift cards. The copays on the prescriptions only ended up being about $20, so this was a pretty awesome deal.  Here's what I got for Jovie for only $8 after the gift cards...


Now, if I had gotten this last week we would have gotten it on sale where we would have gotten another $20 gift card back, but Michael didn't need prescriptions filled then.  That's how we roll!

No comments: